Trendy Flooring is committed to protecting your privacy. We value our visitors and endeavour to create an enjoyable and safe shopping experience when visiting our website.
- Information collected by our website
- Controlling your personal information
- Website Security
- An Introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies
- Our Contact Details
What we collect?
- If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through customer service, in store or online.
- For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, wish list choices, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us. This helps us to provide you with the best service and to understand how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours.
- Details which help us to recommend items of interest.
- Payment card information.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of employees to email you information about a product or service.
- When you fill in any forms.
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Company House) when you have given them your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
What we do with the information collected?
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, over the phone or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards, to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
For example, by checking your password when you sign in and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent sign ins from unexpected locations.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and employees from crime, we operate CCTV systems in our stores which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services, sales, events and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. They provide an integral part of the service we provide to you and support our business operations. Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Payment service providers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google and Socilal media companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet.
How we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from us in relation to your personal information, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we hold about you at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Customer Service Team, Giant Floors Ltd, 1 Bromley Lane, Chislehurst, BR7 6LH or email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or Contact Us.
How long we keep your information?
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriat physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure personal information we collect.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us are encrypted using SSL technology and transferred and processed by Paypal or SagePay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small data file that is automatically placed onto your computer's hard drive. Cookie files are created by our website and placed onto your device in order to analyse and influence your preferences or behaviour. Analytical cookies are designed to track your journey and experience on our website - so that we may tailor your experience and gather data. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The majority of modern web browsers will automatically allow cookies to be placed onto your device. However you can usually modify your browser's settings in order to prevent any cookies from being placed onto your device. Setting your browser to block cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website to:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via popular social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via online forms
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google's Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
Upon your first visit to our website, you will notice a subtle banner on the page alerting you to the fact that cookies are being placed onto your computer by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store a cookie which expires after the set amount of days below (see table).
Our eCommerce website is built on the popular open-source platform - Magento. Magento and eCommerce platforms in general require the use of several essential cookies for the website to function correctly. A comprehensive list of the cookies placed by Magento are detailed in the table below.
Our website's visitors can choose to contact us via form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with anti-spam challenges which ensure the visitor is an actual living person, rather than a computer bot or spider.
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Cookie Consent||complianceCookie||This cookie is set by our website once you have seen and acknowledged our Cookie banner. This cookie will expire and automatically delete itself after 14 days.|
|Google Analytics (Universal)||_ga||The single default cookie for Google Universal Analytics. This sole cookie used by Goole Analytics stores a unique client identifier (Client ID) which is set randomly. This cookie is set to expire after 24 months (2 years) and is refreshed each time you visit our website.|
|Magento||CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLY COMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
The controller of personal data is Giant Floors Ltd, registered at 1 Bromley Lane, Chislehrst, BR7 6LH, United Kingdom.
Letter: Giant Floors Ltd, 1 Bromley Lane, Chislehrst, BR7 6LH, United Kingdom.